The Society of the Silurians
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Society of Silurians Excellence in Journalism Contest
The Society of the Silurians invites you to submit entries for its 93rd annual Excellence in Journalism Awards, honoring outstanding reporting, writing, broadcasting and commentary covering New York City and the tri-state region in 2017.
Founded in 1924, the Society of the Silurians is an organization of distinguished veteran New York area journalists dedicated to excellence and integrity. They come from the ranks of newspapers, magazines, television, radio, wire and digital media.
Award winners will receive the Silurians Medallion on May 16, at a dinner at the National Arts Club, 15 Gramercy Park South, New York City.
- Entry fee is $75 per submission, which must be paid at time of entry.
- All entries must have been published or broadcast during 2017.
- The subject matter of entries should pertain to New York and the metropolitan are; this year that would include stories on New York native Donald J. Trump’s impact on the city and its environs.
- No more than three entries can be submitted for each category by a single organization. A series on one topic will be considered a single entry.
- Individuals can submit their own work.
- Each entry should be labeled with its category number and be accompanied, if appropriate, by a cover letter noting the entry’s importance or impact.
- Deadline: Entries must be received by March 19.
Questions should be directed to Michael Serrill, email@example.com.